Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Field days in Youngstown









On Labor Day we went to the parade at in Youngstown, NY for the Fireman's Field Days. we had never been to this event before, but since my daughter was going to be in the parade with her school's marching band, we decided to check it out.


I have to admit that I've never seen so many people in Youngstown before. we arrived early and put out our chairs to save our spots. We had a snack at Ashker's Cafe, which is right on Main Street. They have baked goods salads, sandwiches, smoothies, and coffee drinks.


The parade was very nice; lots of fire trucks! The marching band did a good job; I'm probably biased, but I'd say they gave the best performances in the parade! Afterwards we had something to eat and the kids went on some of the rides. Good thing the rain held out.

No comments: