Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A wonderful lunch at Ruzzine's Rock Bottom Eatery


Today is my dad's 95th birthday and I wanted to take him to lunch. We were looking for somewhere casual, affordable, and close to his house. Ruzzine's Rock Bottom Eatery fit the bill. I had read an article about it in the Amherst Bee a few weeks ago and it sounded pretty good.

The restaurant is located in a Victorian style home. The dining room is very cheery, with yellow walls and navy curtains. The restaurant is suitable for all; retired folks, business people, families, and couples. The food, which is made from scratch to order, was very good.

I decided to try a burger, since their burgers were rated "The best burgers on the planet" by Buffalo Spree Magazine a couple years ago. The burger was really big! I ordered the 7 ounce, I can't imagine how big the 12 ounce one was! It was pink and juicy inside and grilled to perfection. I opted for the sweet potato fries as a side, which were served with a honey butter dip. (The above hamburger image was taken from their website; I got mine minus the bacon and cheese.)

My dad decided on the reuben sandwich, which was loaded with layers of corned beef. Now my dad can eat a lot for a skinny guy, but I had my doubts that he would be able to finish such a big sandwich, however, he managed to eat the whole thing. He commented that it wasn't exactly a low calorie meal!

The menu features a variety of items from salads and sandwiches to pitas and wraps. They also have pasta, several dinner only selections, like steak and pork chops, as well as a Friday only fish fry.


Ruzzine's Rock Bottom Eatery, 6261 Transit Road, East Amherst, 716-204-4004, http://www.rockbottomeatery.com/

No comments: