Thursday, April 14, 2011

Good food in unexpected places

Last week I mentioned that I had a good meal at the Grill at the Dome at the Paddock Chevrolet Golf Dome. This week I found an even more unusual place to have a good meal...the car wash!

Delta Sonic at Maple and Niagara Falls Boulevard serves one of the best turkey sandwiches I've ever tasted. It's actually their signature menu item. It's piled high with REAL carved turkey, like the kind you'd eat on Thanksgiving. Yummy!

They have a store and cafe in the waiting area, so while you get your car detailed or get an oil change, you can enjoy a bite to eat. You could even come there if you weren't getting your car serviced. Take out is available.

You place your order via a touch screen, addling toppings such as lettuce, tomato, onion, and cheese. Condiments include their cranberry mayonnaise, my topping of choice. Since I was having my car vacuumed and shampooed, I had time to have lunch. I've been here before and had the turkey sandwich, so I planned to take the car in at lunch time.

The other foods on the menu looked good too, pizza, sandwiches, salads, paninis, soups, and more. Someone was thinking when they put this cafe in here. If you re going to sit and wait, might as well have something to eat.

1 comment:

Lester Mendez said...

Great Post! I'm looking forward for more of your "Good Food in unexpected places" : ) We really enjoyed your site here in our Resto in Buffalo.

- The Rose Garden Resto Staff, Lester