Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Day in the City









We had a nice day in the City in Buffalo. After lunch we headed to the Buffalo Museum of Science to see the exhibit From Here to There. Lots of hands on activities. We also enjoyed some of the other exhibits; my eight year old especially loves the hands-on activities. My daughter and I were fascinated with the optical illusions (see the photo above of one of them).

After the museum we ate dinner at Pano's on Elmwood. The food was really good and my son said we should eat there often! We then headed to Delaware Park to see the Olmsted winter Lights Display. It was a nice evening to walk through the park and look at the lights. We enjoyed decorating cookies and making crafts at the Parkside Lodge. There was even live musical entertainment by the barbershop quartet, the Hynotes. I believe the light display goes until mid-January. Admission is $5/person.

No comments: