Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fun day in Lewiston looking at the scarecrows













Since my husband and our older two son were at the Bills game and our youngest son went to the Great Pumpkin farm with a friend, my daughter and I headed up to one of my favorite places, Lewiston, for lunch and a fall foliage drive.

We decide to eat at Ashker's Juice Bar and Cafe because we had a coupon and it looked like a nice place. The food was really good. She had a grilled chicken Caesar salad, while I had a grilled chicken and red pepper panini, which came with a delicious side salad. They have a variety of smoothies and fresh mixed juices on the menu. I tried the twister, a mixture of orange, carrot and spinach juices. It was pretty tasty.

Afterwards, we walked around Lewiston and looked at all the scarecrows some of the local businesses have on display along Center Street until the end of the month. See http://www.niagarariverregion.com/ for more details. See some of my photos above. We also stopped by the Lewiston waterfront, which is really pretty this time of year.

On our way home we stopped at Smith's Orchard in Pendleton to get some apples and cider. The cider was really fresh as the clerk said we'd have to wait a few minutes, as the cider was still being made. It's really good. They are located at 4960 Mapleton Road http://www.smithsorchard.com/

No comments: