Friday, September 11, 2009

Check out the Darwin Martin house restoration progress







If you are looking for something special to do in the Buffalo area, check out out the progress of the Frank Lloyd Wright designed Darwin Martin house restoration. Jim and I went on a tour of it this past Sunday and it was wonderful.

I hadn't been there in about three or four years, so much progress had been made since my last visit. The new visitor's pavilion is very unique. The outside restoration of the Martin House is nearly complete; inside they hope to be done by 2011. I was so impressed with it that I joined as a member. For more information visit the website http://www.darwinmartinhouse.org/ or call 716-856-3858.

Tours are by reservation only, see the website for days and times. It costs $15 person for the basic one hour tour. Longer in-depth tours are also offered.

No comments: