Thursday, December 4, 2008

Out darn spot

This post doesn't have anything to do with western New York travel, but I'd like to pass this information along to you. I discovered a wonderful product for taking out spots. I had made a beautiful quited white tree skirt for my parents over 20 years ago. Since my mom has been in a nursing home for the past couple years, my dad has not been putting up a tree.

So I asked him if I could use the tree skirt, since we are going to put up a real tree as well as a small artificial one this year at my house. Well, when I opened the box with the tree skirt, I could have cried. It was an ugly yellowish brown color. I thought it was ruined. I washed it about 5 or 6 times, using a variety of pre-treaters, but no luck. I surfed the web for spot removing ideas, and found a post suggesting that you could soak an item in Biz overnight and then wash it.

I got some Biz ( found it in the section of the store with bleach), followed the directions and when I washed it the next morning, the tree skirt looked like new. Well, except for the 48 little red buttons I want to replace on it, but that's another story.

No comments: